Applicants must fulfil both academic requirements and SNB admission requirements to the Master of Nursing programme. Applicants may need to attend admission interview based on the admission process.
Applicants must meet the following requirements for admission:
- possess a Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a SNB accredited programme #;
- have a minimum CAP of 3.20;
- have a minimum TOEFL score of 580/237/85 for the paper-based, computer-based and internet-based respectively or IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent – for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate education is not in English;
- possess a full registration and valid Practicing Certificate with Singapore Nursing Board; and
- have at least 5 years of continuous clinical practice as a registered nurse.
- Advanced Diploma in Mental Health, Emergency and Intensive Care Unit is required for nurses from mental health and acute care.
- Advanced Diploma/Post-graduate Diploma in a Clinical Specialty would be an advantage for students from other specialty.
#list of SNB Accredited Programmes can be found at http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/snb/accreditation-of-nursing-education-programmes/accredited-nursing-programmes/post-registration-programmes
- Applicants must have a strong recommendation from Chief Nurse, Director of Nursing and Head of respective department
- Applicants are expected to meet the health requirements stipulated by Ministry of Health Singapore.
- To be eligible for APN Provisional Registration, candidates must meet all the above entry requirements and have obtained the MN degree.
Application for Jan Intake opens from 1 September to 15 October.
- Apply online at Graduate Admission System.
- Refer to the Application Checklist. Upload all supporting documents into the Graduate Admission System.
NOTE: All supporting documents must be in English. If not, the documents must be accompanied by English Translation copies.
- Obtain an official transcript of academic records from each university you have attended. You are required to request the relevant University to mail the transcript(s) directly to the Master of Nursing office. Please use the prescribed form for the request. Our address at:
National University of Singapore
Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies
Master of Nursing Programme
MD11 Clinical Research Centre Level 2
10 Medical Drive
- Upload a Curriculum Vitae into the Graduate Admission System using the Curriculum Vitae Template.
- Obtain recommendations from your Chief Nurse and from the Current Medical Head of Department. Applicants are required to provide the email address of the referees in the Graduate Admission System. Upon submission of the application, your referees will be requested to complete a referee report online.
The University has not engaged any external agencies to undertake student recruitment on its behalf. Candidates interested in our graduate programmes are advised to apply directly to the University and not through any agents. Candidates who apply through agents will not have any added advantage in gaining admission and the University reserves the right to reject such applications without giving reasons.
|1 Sep – 15 Oct
|16 Oct – 31 Oct
||Review Of Application Documents
||Release Of Admission Result
||Admission Interview (If Applicable)
|Last Week Of Nov
||Uniform Fitting And Documents Review
||Pre-Enrolment Medical Screening & Registration (Part One)
|2nd Week Jan
||Orientation Week & Registration (Part Two)
S$65,000 (excluding GST) for 3 semesters (effective from AY2019/2020 cohort)
All students, whether registered on a full-time or part-time basis, are charged the miscellaneous student fees. These are due at the same time as the tuition fees. The miscellaneous student fees payable are set out here